Sequins and glitter are usually worn on evening occasions. To be honest, I’ve never even bought cloths with sequins and I definitely never dared to wear anything sparkling during the day. However, even though wearing glittery dresses every day is not my cup of tea, I’ve definitely fallen in love with this sequin dress from Diesel Black Gold*. Nonetheless, I’m still not sure I would wear it in an elegant way, because that just wouldn’t be me. For this reason, I’ve styled it in a tougher “everyday way”, which is the way I would style it for a fancy lunch date.
Party season like Christmas and New Year’s Eve are the perfect occasions to shine and wear sequins. These are also great reasons to pull out the most festive clothes out of our closets and dress up for our families and friends. However, there are so many ways to integrate sequins into our everyday wardrobes and downplay their flashiness by styling them in a more neutral or sporty way. With sequins, the right styling is the key.
STYLING & WEARING SEQUINS DURING THE DAY
There are many ways to style sequins, but it’s more than important to remember that less is always more. Especially when it comes to wearing flashy and glittery clothes during the day, it’s super easy to end up looking like a Christmas tree. This is why I like the more grungy approach for the day. And these are my tricks and tips for integrating and styling your glittery favorites during the day:
1. Never opt for too short dresses: these are made for wild party nights, but not for your meetings or the office
2. Avoid the top-to-toe looks, unless you really want to get a lot of attraction on the streets
3. Mix the fabrics: sequins on wool look less festive than on silk. Try to find a mix you feel comfortable wearing.
4. Stay true to your style
5. Choose less elegant and grungy shoes to make a twist
6. Avoid wearing jewelry (sequins are shiny enough)
7. Wear your outfit with pride. 🙂
I WAS WEARING:
*DRESS: DIESEL BLACK GOLD (FW17) // BOOTS: JONES // BAD: MILK
How do you like my look? Would you wear glitter during the day?