Energy bites are just THE perfect snack. They offer a satiating combo of protein, carbs, and fats, plus they’re totally portable – perfect for long train rides or simply as a sweet snack for the late office sessions. Also pairing one or two with a Banana after a workout is definitely gonna save some money of store-bought bars and bites. It doesn´t even take longer than 25 minutes to prepare these yummy energy bites.
Yummy and portable, these all-natural energy bites are loaded with nutrients to keep you focused & are such a perfect fuel for on-the-go nibbling. Rolled in raw cocoa powder or shredded coconut, these yummy truffles are more than a healthy snack – they also taste heavenly. Even better, they’re simple to make: simply blend a few ingredients in a food processor and voila. You’ve got yourself some tasty treats. Roll equal pieces of the mixture in your hands and roll on unsweetened shredded coconut or cocoa powder. Stored in the fridge, you can enjoy these yummy bites for several days.
ENERGY BITES (about 25 balls)
- 2-3 cups dates (or 200g)
- 1 tsp Coconut mousse
- 2 tsp coconut flakes + more for decoration
- 3 tsp almonds
- 3 tsp cashew nuts
- 3 tsp walnuts/hazelnuts
- 1 tsp Chia/Flax seeds
- 3 tsp raw cocoa powder + more for decoration
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp hemp protein powder
- 1 tsp Matcha tea powder
- Begin by placing the nuts and all the other ingredients except for dates and coconut mousse in the food processor and pulse until they are nicely crushed. Set aside.
- Place the dates and coconut mousse in a food processor and process till you get a dough-like consistency.
- Add the crushed mixture and keep processing until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Roll into balls of desired size and roll in coconut flakes or/and cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate & enjoy!
Have you ever tried similar recipes? Would you suggest adding someting else?