The lemon-blueberry poundcake is one of my favorite cakes of all times – it is fluffy, fruity, not too sweet and on top of that ready in less than no time :). Some time ago I stopped using dairy when cooking at home, which was the reason why I hadn’t made this cake for quite some time. The original recipe included dairy products, however, a couple of days ago the cake came into my mind and I decided to try and change the recipe slightly. I tried to use some vegan substitutes and loved the result. That’s why I just have to share it with you guys!
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. winestone baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 pack vanilla sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- Zest and Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C degrees
- Coat a loaf pan with oil
- In a cup, mix together the almond milk with 2 tbsp. lemon juice.
- In another cup, whisk together the baking soda and the vinegar
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, salt and baking powder
- In another bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, vanilla sugar, the almond milk-lemon mixture, lemon zest, lemon juice and the baking soda-vinegar mixture
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients until smooth
- Fold in the blueberries
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes
- Let the cake cool
- Whisk together the confectioners sugar with the lemon juice
- Once the cake has cooled, drizzle the glaze over the cake
Ohhh sieht das LECKER aus! Jetzt bin ich in Backstimmung – viiielen Dank für das tolle Rezept ihr Lieben <3
xx, Carmen – http://carmitive.com
It look tasty and yummy ?
I’m going to give a try and show you guys for sure !!
Keep it up darling with more recipes ??